Russian oliver salad
Russian oliver salad is a symbol of an entire era. Older people remember with awe how they used to prepare it exclusively for festive tables. It is impossible to forget this taste. For some, the salad will bring back memories of their youth, while others will simply enjoy its balanced flavor. There are many variations of Olivier Salad, with various ingredients added to it. But today we will make the classic salad with boiled sausage.
- 1 saucepan
- 1 knife
- 1 chopping board
- 2 mix bowl
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 sieve
- 330 g green peas canned
- 2 pcs potato
- 200 g sausage boiled
- 1 pcs carrot
- 1 pcs yellow onion
- 2 pcs cucumber pickled
- 2 pcs egg
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Prepare everything you need. Rinse the vegetables well under running water to remove sand and dirt, do not peel the skin. Place them in a pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. The criterion for readiness is that they should easily be pierced with a fork. The cooking time depends on the size of the potatoes and carrots, but on average it takes about half an hour. Remove them to a plate and let them cool. Boil the eggs for 10 minutes after boiling. You can use fresh cucumber.
- Finely chop a small onion, place it in a small bowl, and pour boiling water over it. Cover with a plate and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. This simple trick will make the onion soft and less sharp.1 pcs yellow onion
- Drain the liquid from the can of green peas and put the peas in a large salad bowl, where it will be convenient to mix all the ingredients.330 g green peas
- Peel the vegetables and eggs and proceed to the chopping. The traditional size for Olivier Salad is small cubes with sides of 0.5-1 cm. So, finely chop the potatoes and carrots.2 pcs potato, 1 pcs carrot
- Next, add the chopped doctor’s sausage.200 g sausage
- Add the eggs and pickled cucumber.2 pcs cucumber, 2 pcs egg
- Drain the onion on a sieve, let the liquid drain well, and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Dress with mayonnaise, mix well. The salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days, but in this case, it is better to add the cucumbers and mayonnaise shortly before serving.3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Olivier Salad is ready. It really has that special taste.
Calories: 221kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 13gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.002gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 912mgPotassium: 316mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 541IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 2mg