Sun dried tomatoes in oil
Sun-dried tomatoes are a delicious dish, which is quite expensive in the supermarket in winter. But how much we’d like to pamper ourselves and our families with delicious preservations. For drying, it is advisable to take tomatoes of the "Plum" variety, since they are most suitable for this type of preservation. When ready, they look very presentable, and they taste simply divine. You can use any dried herbs: Provencal, Italian, basil, rosemary.
- 1 knife
- 1 chopping board
- 1 mix bowl
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 jar
- 1 lid
- 2 kg tomato
- 300 ml vegetable oil
- 3-4 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- mixture of Provencal herbs optional
- Wash the tomatoes well under running water, dry with a towel and cut each lengthwise.
- With the help of a teaspoon, we take out the pulp with seeds from each slice of tomato in a bowl. Pulp with seeds can be punched with a blender until smooth, and frozen, poured into ice molds. It can be used when preparing a dressing for soup or spaghetti sauce.2 kg tomato
- We line the baking sheet with parchment paper and spread our tomato halves on it. Lightly salt them and pepper them, sprinkle with dry herbs if desired.1 pinch salt, 1 pinch pepper, mixture of Provencal herbs
- We put the baking sheet in the oven and set the temperature to 80 degrees. We leave the oven door slightly ajar so that the moisture evaporates unhindered. For this purpose, it is very convenient to use a spoon by holding it on the side of the door. Every 2 hours we monitor the drying process, checking for readiness. Tomatoes should curl from the edges. Depending on the size and fleshiness of tomatoes, it may require more or less time for drying. But the average readiness time is about 6 hours. To check the readiness, pick up a tomato slice, check if it is not wet, and bends well in different directions, then you can turn off the stove.
- Let the tomatoes cool down. Peel the garlic and cut it into thin slices. We put the garlic slices inside the tomatoes and put them in a glass jar, tamping them tightly. If desired, each layer is sprinkled with dried herbs. Having laid the whole batch in this way, fill the tomatoes with vegetable oil heated to 80 degrees. We leave the jar to cool at room temperature, and then put it in the refrigerator for storage.3-4 clove garlic, 300 ml vegetable oil
Calories: 282kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 2gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.2gSodium: 14mgPotassium: 478mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1666IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg