French style apple cake
French style apple cake – a well-known and beloved dessert since childhood. The delicate sponge cake melts in your mouth, and the light acidity of the apples and the aroma of cinnamon give this apple pie a special sophistication. The charlotte prepared according to this recipe rises well and turns out to be very fluffy.
- 1 mix bowl
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 knife
- 1 chopping board
- 1 whisk optional mixer
- 1 baking mold
- 1 foil optional
- 2 pcs apple
- 4 pcs egg
- 160 g sugar
- 160 g flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Prepare the necessary ingredients. You will need two large apples, choose a variety according to your preference. In this case, apples with a slight acidity were used.
- Wash the eggs and beat them in a deep dish. Beat with a mixer for a couple of minutes until fluffy foam appears. While continuing to beat, gradually add all the sugar.4 pcs egg, 160 g sugar
- Mix the baking powder with the flour and gradually add it to the egg mixture. Beat with a mixer or stir with a whisk until smooth. The batter should be thick and without lumps.160 g flour, 1 tsp baking powder
- Wash the apples. Peel one apple, as it will be used for the filling. Do not peel the second apple, as it will be used for decoration. Remove the core with the seeds and cut both apples into thin slices.2 pcs apple
- Grease the bottom of the baking pan with a small amount of vegetable oil. If a pastry ring is used for baking, then first form the bottom from foil. Then place the ring on a baking sheet, pour half of the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Arrange the peeled apples in a circle.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.1 tsp cinnamon
- Pour the second half of the batter in such a way as to completely cover the layer of apples. Insert unpeeled apple slices around the circle. This way our charlotte will resemble a rose. Sprinkle with cinnamon on top. Place the pan in a preheated oven at 175 ℃. The baking time is 50 minutes. Do not open the oven during cooking to prevent the dough from collapsing.
- Check the readiness of the dessert with a wooden skewer, it should remain dry. The fluffy apple charlotte is ready.
Calories: 151kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 2gFat: 0.3gSaturated Fat: 0.05gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 36mgPotassium: 23mgFiber: 1gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 0.02mgCalcium: 5mgIron: 1mg