Barley breakfast porridge
Barley is versatile, it is used in soups, served as a side dish, or as a separate dish. Usually, this cereal needs to be soaked overnight to speed up the cooking process. Today we have barley breakfast porridge with butter. Despite the long cooking time, the porridge will be an excellent option for a tasty and healthy breakfast. Special attention should be paid to this porridge by people who follow a diet or a healthy lifestyle, as barley is a dietary product and at the same time very nutritious. In this case, you can do without adding butter.
- 1 mix bowl
- 1 pot
- 1 cup barley
- 2.5 cups water
- 25 g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Prepare the specified ingredients.
- Rinse the cereal thoroughly until the water becomes clear. Fill with a large amount of cold water (optimally 3-4 cups) and leave overnight.1 cup barley
- Drain the water, rinse the cereal again and put it in a pot. Pour fresh water and put on the fire.2.5 cups water
- Bring to a boil, add a pinch of salt, reduce the heat and cook with the lid on until done. As the liquid evaporates, the grains will increase in size. Periodically check the porridge so that it does not burn.1 pinch salt
- When all the water has evaporated and the grains have become soft, turn off the heat and let the porridge stand for another 20 minutes. If desired, you can add a little sugar. You can put butter in the pot at this stage and wait for it to melt, or you can decorate the porridge with butter portion-wise directly on the plate.25 g butter
- Barley porridge is ready. Enjoy your meal!
Calories: 183kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 0.3gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 549mgPotassium: 11mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.02gVitamin A: 625IUCalcium: 7mgIron: 0.04mg