Cream cheese from scratch
Today we offer you to become cheesemakers and prepare cream cheese from scratch. Of course, hard varieties require skill and time, but as for soft cheese, anyone can make it, even the most inexperienced cook.
- 1 cheesecloth
- 1 mix bowl
- 1 plate
- 1 jar
- 500 g sour cream with a fat content of 20%
- 250 ml kefir with a fat content of 2.5%
- 3-4 sprigs dill
- 1 pinch salt
- Prepare the necessary ingredients.
- It is better to take thick sour cream. The higher the fat content of the sour cream and kefir, the greater the yield of the finished product. Pour it into a deep bowl.500 g sour cream
- Add kefir, a pinch of salt to it and mix everything.250 ml kefir, 1 pinch salt
- Line a colander with a cotton or linen napkin (you can also use cheesecloth, folded in four layers). Pour the sour cream and kefir mixture into it.
- Cover the mass with the edges of the napkin and press down with a plate. Place the colander in a bowl where the whey will drain. Put a jar of water on top as a weight. Send this entire structure to the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Transfer the finished cheese from the napkin to a cup, taste for salt and, if necessary, add more. Fresh dill is used as a filler in this recipe. Cut it as finely as possible and add it to the cheese, mix. Soft cheese with herbs is ready.3-4 sprigs dill
- Transfer it to a convenient jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
- The homemade soft cheese with herbs is exceptionally tender, has a pleasant fresh aroma and a slight sourness. It can be spread on toast or crackers, or used as a filling for pies or buns.
Calories: 115kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 2gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 67mgPotassium: 65mgFiber: 0.01gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 386IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 0.1mg