A rainbow crepes on a plate looks impressive and original. If there are children in the family, they will be especially delighted with such unusual pancakes. And to prepare a multicolored dessert, you do not need harmful dyes. All coloring ingredients are not only absolutely natural but also very healthy.
- 1 pan
- 1 sieve
- 1 cheesecloth
- 1 blender
- 1 knife
- 1 chopping board
- 150 g beetroot
- 150 g carrot
- 100 g sea buckthorn
- 100 g blueberry
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 100 g spinach
- For this recipe, any proven pancake batter will do. It can be either yeast-based or yeast-free. It is convenient to immediately divide the mass into equal parts – according to the number of colors you plan to get.
- Let’s prepare the ingredients for the dyes.
- To make red crepes, grate the beetroot on the finest, dangerous side of the grater. Squeeze the juice out of the resulting mass using a sieve or cheesecloth. Alternatively, you can use a juicer. Pour 1/6 of the batter into a separate container and color it to the desired shade.150 g beetroot
- Prepare orange crepes. Choose the brightest carrot and grate it on the same dangerous side of the grater as the beetroot. Squeeze the juice from the resulting carrot mass. An alternative and less labor-intensive option is to use a juicer. Color the next 1/6 part of the batter orange with the juice.150 g carrot
- Give the next portion of the batter a yellow hue using sea buckthorn berries processed in a blender. The berry mass should be strained through a sieve to remove the seeds. Add turmeric to the batter to enhance the yellow color.100 g sea buckthorn, 1 tsp turmeric
- To color the next part of the batter green, use fresh spinach. It should be finely chopped, then processed in a blender with a little water. You can add the entire mass or just the squeezed juice to the batter.100 g spinach
- To get blue and purple crepes, use blueberries. Crush them with a blender, dilute slightly with water, and add to the batter. Introducing a small amount of berry dye gives a light blue shade. A more intense blue or purple color is achieved with a larger amount of puree.100 g blueberry
- Bake the multicolored crepes in the usual way on a well-heated pan. Serve the rainbow crepes with your favorite toppings, sweet or savory fillings. Bon appétit!
Calories: 14kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0.01gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.01gSodium: 21mgPotassium: 122mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 2479IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 0.4mg